EAST DELTA, TX
EAST DELTA, TEXAS. East Delta, on Farm Road 895 a mile northeast of Charleston in eastern Delta County, was established in 1939 as the site of the East Delta district school. This school was created by the consolidation of the Charleston, Vasco, Cleveland, and Long Ridge schools. By 1964 the facility had closed, but maps identified the East Delta church and cemetery and the Union Grove cemetery in the area. Local students attended school within the Cooper Independent School District by 1970. East Delta had a reported population of fifty in 1990 and 2000.
Paul Garland Hervey, A History of Education in Delta County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1951).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vista K. McCroskey, "EAST DELTA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre67), accessed October 10, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.