EAST DIRECT, TX
EAST DIRECT, TEXAS. East Direct is at the intersection of Farm roads 79 and 197, between Collard and Slough creeks 1½ miles east of Direct in extreme northwestern Lamar County. The settlement was shown on the 1936 county highway map as an unidentified collection of dwellings. In 1980 it had two businesses but remained unnamed on maps. The name East Direct first was shown on maps in 1983, when there was a grain elevator, one other business, and a small cluster of dwellings at the highway intersection.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vista K. McCroskey, "EAST DIRECT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hredz), accessed March 12, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.