EASLEY CHAPEL, TX
EASLEY CHAPEL, TEXAS. Easley Chapel, a farming community on State Highway 21 two miles northeast of Weches in extreme northeastern Houston County, grew up around a church by that name built before 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In the early 1990s Easley Chapel was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "EASLEY CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrefc), accessed June 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.