EUREKA MILLS, TX
EUREKA MILLS, TEXAS. Eureka Mills, on the western edge of Houston in central Harris County, had a cotton factory in 1872 with about seventy-five operatives. A post office, established there in 1872, was discontinued in 1879, but was still listed on postal route maps in 1888, when the community was a stop on the Houston and Texas Central Railway. By the 1980s the site served as a major trainyard for the Missouri, Kansas and Texas line.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "EUREKA MILLS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrekm), accessed September 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.