FOX, TEXAS (Henderson County). Fox was 11½ miles southwest of Athens in southern Henderson County. A post office operated there from 1900 to 1901. After 1900 a mill and a church were in the area, but by the mid-1930s the settlement was no longer shown on maps. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
Image Use Disclaimer
All copyrighted materials included within the Handbook of Texas Online are in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 related to Copyright and “Fair Use” for Non-Profit educational institutions, which permits the Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), to utilize copyrighted materials to further scholarship, education, and inform the public. The TSHA makes every effort to conform to the principles of fair use and to comply with copyright law.