FABIUS, TEXAS. Fabius was a farming community eight miles northeast of Sulphur Springs and four miles southeast of Birthright in north central Hopkins County. A Fabius post office was established in 1902 with John Newberry as postmaster. At its height just after the turn of the century Fabius had a store and a gin. In 1903 its post office was closed and the mail rerouted through Birthright. By the early 1930s Fabius no longer appeared on highway maps.
Florene Chapman Adams, Hopkins County and Our Heritage. (Sulphur Springs, Texas: 197-?).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "FABIUS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfhb), accessed October 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.