GRIGSBY, TEXAS. Grigsby is on State Highway 7 some fifteen miles southwest of Center in southwestern Shelby County. It was founded about 1905 and named for a Waterman Mill employee who built a tram to the site. A post office was opened in the community in 1905 with Rance E. Emmons as postmaster. By 1914 the community had an estimated population of 100. Its population declined in the 1920s and then remained at a relatively constant level. In 1946 Grigsby had a church, two stores, several residences, and a population of about fifty. In 1990 it had an estimated population of forty-five. The population remained unchanged in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.D. R. Taylor, "GRIGSBY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg29), accessed September 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.