GOWER, TEXAS. Gower, on Cottonwood Creek north of Hutto in south central Williamson County, was the site of a mill run by Robert Towns in the late 1880s. The community received a post office in 1893 and was named for the first postmaster, Bennet A. Gower. In 1896 Gower had a population of twenty, and in October of that year the post office was closed. The Gower school was started after 1896 and served fifty-seven pupils in 1903. It closed sometime thereafter.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "GOWER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg39), accessed July 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.