GROVETON FRONT, TX
GROVETON FRONT, TEXAS. Groveton Front was a logging and farming community on the Trinity County Lumber Company Railroad eight miles south of Groveton in south central Trinity County. It was settled before 1900, and most of its residents worked for the Trinity County Lumber Company. At its height the community had a company-owned commissary, the Magnolia school, and a number of houses. Groveton Front declined in the early 1900s, when most of the surrounding timber was depleted. Its school was later closed, and by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "GROVETON FRONT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrggv), accessed August 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.