GRAHAM'S CHAPEL, TX
GRAHAM'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. Graham's Chapel was off Farm Road 1476 twelve miles east of Comanche and three miles south of Proctor in eastern Comanche County. The community was settled in the late 1870s, and the oldest grave in Graham's Chapel cemetery dates from 1882. The community's name presumably derives from a church at the site. In 1902 the community had a school, which was still operating as late as 1924; by the 1930s the school had been consolidated with Proctor. In 1940 the community included two cemeteries and scattered dwellings. By the 1960s all that remained of Graham's Chapel was the two cemeteries.
Comanche County Bicentennial Committee, Patchwork of Memories: Historical Sketches of Comanche County, Texas (Brownwood, Texas: Banner Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "GRAHAM'S CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrgjx), accessed October 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.