GRANGE HALL, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)
GRANGE HALL, TEXAS (Upshur County). Grange Hall, five miles north of Gilmer off the St. Louis Southwestern Railway in central Upshur County, was established after the Civil War. A post office operated there from 1875 to 1881. In the early 1880s the settlement had a general store, a cotton gin and mill, and a number of houses; in 1882 the reported population was twenty-four. By the mid-1880s the community was no longer shown on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "GRANGE HALL, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrguf), accessed April 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.