HARMONY, TX (KENT COUNTY)
HARMONY, TEXAS (Kent County). Harmony is on the west side of State Highway 70 between Stinking and ABC creeks eighteen miles south of Jayton in southeast Kent County. The settlement was established about 1900 and named Tirkle. It was renamed Harmony after local disagreements had been worked out. A store and a county school district operated locally for a while. Only a rural community with no businesses or school was found on 1980 county maps. In 2000 the population was seven.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "HARMONY, TX (KENT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh13), accessed July 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.