HILLSDALE, TEXAS. Hillsdale was a mile east of the Lampasas county line and sixteen miles northwest of Copperas Cove in western Coryell County. At one time the community had a school and two Baptist churches. The school had fifty-seven students and one teacher in 1904; it was consolidated with the school at Slater before 1925. By the 1980s only a cemetery marked the Hillsdale site on the county highway map.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "HILLSDALE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh69), accessed September 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.