HARDEMAN'S, TEXAS. Hardeman's was three miles east of the site of present Melrose in eastern Nacogdoches County. The settlement was named for Dr. Blackstone Hardeman, who apparently moved to the area during the 1830s. A post office opened there in 1838 and closed before 1845. The community is not shown on maps made after the Civil War.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HARDEMAN'S, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhcv), accessed July 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.