HAZEL CHAPEL, TX
HAZEL CHAPEL, TEXAS. Hazel Chapel, off Farm Road 230 some two miles northwest of Weldon in southwestern Houston County, grew up around a church of the same name built before 1900. In the mid-1930s the community comprised a church and a number of houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained. In the early 1990s Hazel Chapel was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HAZEL CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhgf), accessed August 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.