HULSEY, TEXAS. Hulsey was twelve miles southwest of Sulphur Springs and four miles northwest of Bonanza in southwestern Hopkins County. It was settled before 1901, when a post office opened there with Hamp D. Knight as postmaster. At its height Hulsey had a store, a church, and a number of scattered houses. In 1905 its post office was closed, and mail service was transferred to Miller Grove. By the mid-1930s Hulsey was no longer shown on the county highway map.
Florene Chapman Adams, Hopkins County and Our Heritage. (Sulphur Springs, Texas: 197-?).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HULSEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhwu), accessed September 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.