JACKSON, TX (SHELBY COUNTY)
JACKSON, TEXAS (Shelby County). Jackson, on State Highway 7 four miles south of Joaquin in northeastern Shelby County, was established in the 1890s and named for T. W. Jackson, a local resident. Its school served forty-eight students in 1899 and 102 by 1938. By 1946 the Jackson school had been consolidated with that of Joaquin, and Jackson consisted of a store, a filling station, and three residences. In 1988 it had a church, a cemetery, a business, and widely scattered houses.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "JACKSON, TX (SHELBY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrj01), accessed March 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.