JOHNSON CHAPEL, TX
JOHNSON CHAPEL, TEXAS. Johnson Chapel, on Farm Road 49 ten miles west of Gilmer in western Upshur County, was probably settled before 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a church, two businesses, and a number of houses. After World War II the businesses closed, and in the mid-1960s all that remained of the community was a church and a few scattered houses. In 1990 Johnson Chapel was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "JOHNSON CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrjyw), accessed June 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.