KELLOGG, TEXAS. Kellogg is on U.S. Highway 69 five miles northwest of Greenville in central Hunt County. It was settled in the 1880s, received a post office in 1891, and became a stop on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad in the early 1890s. Despite the presence of the railroad Kellogg remained small. The post office was closed in 1905, and a population of only fifteen was reported ten years later. Since then the settlement has reported no population or business statistics.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "KELLOGG, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrk04), accessed March 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.