LA CASA, TX
LA CASA, TEXAS. La Casa was established in southeast Stephens County by James C. Bargsley, who built a log cabin there in 1880. By 1890 La Casa had a post office at E. T. Bradford's general store. The population rose to thirty in 1910 and seventy-five in 1920 but declined to twenty by 1930, at which time the post office closed. By 1980 no population was reported for La Casa.
Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, 800 Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas: Frontier, 1971).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."LA CASA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl01), accessed July 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.