LA LEONA, TX
LA LEONA, TEXAS. La Leona, off Farm Road 1847 thirteen miles north of Los Fresnos in north central Cameron County, was named for a nearby ranch headquarters. The small community became a shipping point on the San Benito and Rio Grande Valley Railway but ceased to exist as an organized community when the railroad was discontinued from San Fernando to La Leona. La leona is Spanish for "the lioness."
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "LA LEONA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl03), accessed April 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.