LAWRENCE SPRINGS, TX
LAWRENCE SPRINGS, TEXAS. Lawrence Springs, nine miles northeast of Canton and west of Farm Road 17 in northeast Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 that enrolled forty-two students by 1904 and was consolidated with the Fruitvale Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1936 the community had a school, a church, and multiple residences, but in 1965 only the church and scattered dwellings remained. By 1981 only residences near Herren Branch and Antioch School were left in the surrounding area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "LAWRENCE SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlam), accessed April 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.