LA GLORIA, TX (JIM WELLS COUNTY)
LA GLORIA, TEXAS (Jim Wells County). La Gloria is a mile west of U.S. Highway 281 and four miles north of Falfurrias in southern Jim Wells County. A post office was established there in 1908, and by 1914 the community had a population of fifty, a cotton gin, a general store, and telephone service. The San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway built a stop at La Gloria in 1914. The post office closed in 1918. In 1936 the community consisted of a school and scattered dwellings and farms. In 1963 La Gloria still had a school, as well as a water tank and an oil refinery. It remained a dispersed community in 1993.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "LA GLORIA, TX (JIM WELLS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrldq), accessed August 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.