LOS CUATES, TX
LOS CUATES, TEXAS. Los Cuates is a colonia a mile northwest of Los Fresnos on Farm Road 1572 in central Cameron County. The site was first settled during the late 1940s, when several scattered dwellings and farms could be found in the area. The community probably derives its name from the Resaca de Los Cuates, which surrounds it to the east, south, and west. By the 1960s the community had become a colonia comprising several scattered dwellings. In 1983 it had some thirty dwellings. The first population estimates for Los Cuates became available in 1986, when it had eighty-one inhabitants and eighteen dwellings on a five-acre site. No figures were available in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "LOS CUATES, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrljn), accessed October 10, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.