LIBERTY HILL, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)
LIBERTY HILL, TEXAS (Navarro County). Liberty Hill, on Farm Road 709 two miles west of Dawson in western Navarro County, was established before 1900, when a Liberty Hill school was in operation; in 1906 the school enrolled twenty. In the mid-1930s the small community had a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. The school was consolidated with the Dawson school after World War II, and by the mid-1960s only the cemetery and a few widely scattered houses remained. In the early 1990s Liberty Hill was a dispersed rural community for which no population estimates were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LIBERTY HILL, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlrn), accessed October 09, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.