LITTLE MOUND, TX
LITTLE MOUND, TEXAS. Little Mound was a rural community on Farm Road 49 thirteen miles west of Gilmer in west central Upshur County. It was probably settled around 1900. In the mid-1930s the community, then known as Little Mound School, had a school, a church, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was closed, and in the mid-1960s all that remained of the community was a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses. In 1990 Little Mound was a dispersed rural community.
Audie Ray, Lurline, and Douglas Ray Stanley, comps. and eds., Upshur County Cemetery Records (Gilmer, Texas, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LITTLE MOUND, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlsz), accessed September 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.