MACEY, TEXAS. Macey (Macy) is a mile south of the intersection of Farm Road 1940 and the Old Spanish Road, twenty miles north of Bryan in far northeastern Brazos County. The community was named for William Macy of Indiana, who in 1869 bought land in the Thomas James Mexican land grant. Macy was reportedly the uncle of Frank and Jesse James, who hid out from Missouri authorities in his home. Macey became known as a rough community, and was reputedly the site of many robberies and other crimes. Samuel Lipscombe built a general store there in 1870, and a post office operated out of the store from 1874 to 1905. By 1884 the community had 150 citizens, the general store, a church, a school, a gristmill, and two cotton gins. In 1915 its population was sixty, and it had two general stores and a physician's office. The 1948 county highway map showed scattered dwellings, a church, and a cemetery at the site. A 1982 map showed Macey but gave no details about it.
Glenna Fourman Brundidge, Brazos County History: Rich Past-Bright Future (Bryan, Texas: Family History Foundation, 1986).