MASTERS, TEXAS. Masters is on Farm Road 923 seven miles southeast of Throckmorton and eight miles northwest of Woodson in south central Throckmorton County. A post office, with Emma Masters as postmistress, was in service from January 6, 1905, until it was discontinued and moved to Woodson on August 31, 1911. The village consisted of twenty persons and one business in 1945. County maps of the 1980s showed the rural community and nearby Bush Knob Cemetery in an oil-producing region south of Throckmorton.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "MASTERS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm21), accessed March 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.