MOZO, TEXAS. Mozo is on the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railroad and Farm Road 971 nine miles northeast of Georgetown in central Williamson County. The community formed around a gin built about 1909 by the Mazoch family, and the name Mozo may be a corruption of Mazoch. The railroad built loading platforms by the gin, and a store, a community center, and a house for gin hands existed on the site at different times. In 1988 Mozo consisted of a few scattered farms.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "MOZO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm60), accessed August 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.