MOUNT JULIET, TX
MOUNT JULIET, TEXAS. Mount Juliet was a community eight miles north of Austin near what is now U.S. Highway 183 in northern Travis County. A post office was established there in 1873 with James A. Wright as postmaster. The community took its name from the Wright family's hometown in Tennessee. When the International and Great Northern line was built from Rockdale to Austin in 1876, it missed Mount Juliet by about two miles. The post office moved to Duval in 1877, and Mount Juliet gradually was abandoned. The area was annexed as part of the city of Austin in the 1970s.
John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "MOUNT JULIET, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmaf), accessed July 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.