MIDWAY, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Midway, on State Highway 64 twenty-one miles southeast of Canton in southeast Van Zandt County, appeared on 1936 state highway maps as the site of a church and scattered dwellings. By 1987 three businesses were located at the townsite. In 1990 and again in 2000 the population was estimated at thirty-one.
Diana J. Kleiner
Image Use Disclaimer
All copyrighted materials included within the Handbook of Texas Online are in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 related to Copyright and “Fair Use” for Non-Profit educational institutions, which permits the Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), to utilize copyrighted materials to further scholarship, education, and inform the public. The TSHA makes every effort to conform to the principles of fair use and to comply with copyright law.