MOUNT ROSE, TX
MOUNT ROSE, TEXAS. Mount Rose was a rural community six miles southeast of Marlin on State Highway 6 in central Falls County. It was established sometime after 1872, when the Waco and Northwestern Railroad was built, and probably served as a flag stop. A school, a church, and several scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s. The railroad was abandoned in 1965, and the community faded. By the 1980s only a business and two churches were shown on maps of the area. In 2000 the population was twenty-six.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "MOUNT ROSE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmfg), accessed July 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.