MEDIO, TEXAS. Medio was four miles southwest of Pettus in northern Bee County. The area was settled in the late 1800s. A post office, named after nearby Medio Creek, operated briefly at the site in 1884. A school was operation by 1905, when it had an enrollment of twenty-one. At one time a store and a mill were in the area, but by the 1930s the community was no longer shown on maps. During the early 1990s only a few scattered farmhouses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MEDIO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmun), accessed August 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.