NEW CORN HILL, TX
NEW CORN HILL, TEXAS. New Corn Hill is a small rural community located east of Interstate Highway 35 about eleven miles northeast of Georgetown in northern Williamson County. After the Bartlett-Florence Railway (later Bartlett Western Railway) bypassed the town of Corn Hill in 1909, businessmen attempted to establish a new business community to the southeast of Corn Hill and to the northeast of the town of Theon. This new town was named New Corn Hill, and it served area farmers who had emigrated from Germany, Austria, Silesia, Moravia, and Bohemia. In 1946 county highway maps showed a church, cemetery, business establishment, two schools, and numerous dwellings in the area. By the end of the twentieth century, maps still identified New Corn Hill and showed the cemetery, but no population estimates were available.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "NEW CORN HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrn11), accessed July 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.