NALYON, TEXAS. Nalyon was on Mill Creek two miles northeast of Vanderpool in western Bandera County. A post office opened there in 1895, with Andrew Stigler as postmaster; it was discontinued in 1897, when the mail was sent to Medina. The Nalyon school was consolidated with the Vanderpool district in 1939. The school building and a residence marked Nalyon on county highway maps in the late 1940s, but by the 1980s these structures were no longer shown on maps.
Mrs. Howard Graves, History of Bandera County Schools for over a Century (Bandera, Texas: Bandera County Historical Survey Committee, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "NALYON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrnpb), accessed August 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.