OAK HILL, TEXAS (Lamar County). Oak Hill, a farming community fourteen miles northeast of Paris in north central Lamar County, was settled before 1900. A school was in operation there by 1906, when it had an enrollment of forty-nine. During the mid-1930s Oak Hill had a church, a school, and a number of houses. The community declined after World War II, and by the early 1990s only the church remained.
Image Use Disclaimer
All copyrighted materials included within the Handbook of Texas Online are in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 related to Copyright and “Fair Use” for Non-Profit educational institutions, which permits the Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), to utilize copyrighted materials to further scholarship, education, and inform the public. The TSHA makes every effort to conform to the principles of fair use and to comply with copyright law.