OLD UNION, TX (ANGELINA COUNTY)
OLD UNION, TEXAS (Angelina County). Old Union was on the Texas Southeastern Railroad four miles southwest of Lufkin in central Angelina County. The settlement grew up about 1900 after the railroad was built from Lufkin to Diboll. By the 1930s Old Union had a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "OLD UNION, TX (ANGELINA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrotk), accessed July 14, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.