PARSLEY HILL, TEXAS. Parsley Hill is at the intersection of Farm roads 1207 and 2074, eleven miles southwest of Vernon in southwestern Wilbarger County. It developed around a school that began in 1911, and was named after landowner J. N. Parsley. A gin and a blacksmith shop were built later. In 1929 the school was consolidated with the Antelope, Haney, Guggisberg, and Kincheloe districts to form the Five-In-One School. During the 1940s the Parsley Hill population was 180, and the community had two businesses. From 1950 through the 1980s, however, forty residents were reported there. Parsley Hill was shown on the 1984 county highway map with two businesses. In 2000 the population was again reported at forty.
Wilbarger County Historical Commission, Wilbarger County (Lubbock, 1986).
Charles G. Davis
Image Use Disclaimer
All copyrighted materials included within the Handbook of Texas Online are in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 related to Copyright and “Fair Use” for Non-Profit educational institutions, which permits the Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), to utilize copyrighted materials to further scholarship, education, and inform the public. The TSHA makes every effort to conform to the principles of fair use and to comply with copyright law.