PETERSBURG, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)
PETERSBURG, TEXAS (Red River County). Petersburg is 4½ miles southeast of Clarksville in southern Red River County. The community was named for Stephen Peters, who established a plantation in the area during the antebellum period. From 1933 through 1964 the population of the village was reported as seventy-five. By 1966 Petersburg was no longer listed in the Texas Almanac. Petersburg is sometimes considered part of Peters Prairie on maps of the county.