PLEASANT VALLEY, TX (POTTER COUNTY)
PLEASANT VALLEY, TEXAS (Potter County). Pleasant Valley is a suburban community near the intersection of State Highway 87 and Farm Road 1912, just northeast of the Amarillo city limits in southern Potter County. It began in 1922 when Quincy Ford subdivided land immediately north of Amarillo into tracts for settlement. By 1926 the town had a grocery store and a population of 250. Pleasant Valley was a part of the Amarillo Independent School District, which constructed the first school in the new community in 1927. It opened with four teachers. In 1955 Pleasant Valley reported a population of 1,648, and in 1958 the community was annexed by the city of Amarillo. The last reported population estimate for the community was 3,500 in 1966.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mrs. N. P. Taylor, "PLEASANT VALLEY, TX (POTTER COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp43), accessed June 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.