PUEBLO, TEXAS. Pueblo, on the Eastland county line in the northeastern part of Callahan County, was established in the early 1900s as a stop on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad. A post office was established in the community in 1909 with Edgar Robinson as postmaster. In 1915, at the peak of its growth, Pueblo had a general store, a post office, and a population of fifty. The post office was discontinued in 1918, and afterward the community declined. From 1930 through the 1940s Pueblo had a population of eighteen and one business. In 1948 the highway maps indicated a school, a business, and scattered dwellings in the town. In 1964 the Texas Almanac reported a population of twenty-four for Pueblo but listed its location as Eastland County. By 1968 the population had increased to forty-six, where it remained through 2000. The Eastland County location for Pueblo is one-half mile east of the old townsite, which is still identified as a dispersed rural community on the highway maps for Callahan County. Eastland County is the site of the Pueblo Plant, a gas pressure plant on State Highway 6 eight miles northwest of Cisco. The plant also provides housing for its employees.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Nancy Beck Young, "PUEBLO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp68), accessed September 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.