PLEASANT HILL, TX (WILLIAMSON COUNTY)
PLEASANT HILL, TEXAS (Williamson County). Pleasant Hill was on the road between Bagdad and Old Round Rock in southwest Williamson County. The site was first settled in 1852 by John Ray Bowmer, one of the earliest teachers in the county. Pleasant Hill's first school was built in the 1850s, and a Presbyterian church was founded there in 1857. The community was a popular site for camp meetings. A voting box was located there by the election of 1908. In 1903 the school had forty-three pupils and one teacher. By 1946 the community had disappeared from the state highway map.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "PLEASANT HILL, TX (WILLIAMSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp84), accessed October 09, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.