PRAIRIE CREEK, TX
PRAIRIE CREEK, TEXAS. Prairie Creek was a farming community north of State Highway 64 and nineteen miles southeast of Canton in southeastern Van Zandt County. The community had a school for white students in 1890; its enrollment was fifty-eight in 1906. A black school had an enrollment of twenty-nine in 1903. The schools were consolidated with the Redland school in 1963. In 1936 Prairie Creek had a school and scattered dwellings and in 1965 had a church and a school.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "PRAIRIE CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpas), accessed September 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.