PECAN GROVE, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)
PECAN GROVE, TEXAS (Navarro County). Pecan Grove, on Tupelo Branch six miles northeast of Corsicana in eastern Navarro County, was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Children attended school in nearby Hester. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the mid-1960s a church and cemetery were still in the area. In the early 1990s Pecan Grove was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PECAN GROVE, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpph), accessed September 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.