PLEASANT VALLEY, TX (WILSON COUNTY)
PLEASANT VALLEY, TEXAS (Wilson County). Pleasant Valley, on Farm Road 1107 nineteen miles northeast of Floresville in eastern Wilson County, was settled after the Civil War. A school was in operation there by 1896, when it had an enrollment of fifty. In the mid-1930s Pleasant Valley had a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was closed, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few scattered dwellings remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PLEASANT VALLEY, TX (WILSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpst), accessed August 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.