PLEASANT RIDGE, TX (PANOLA COUNTY)
PLEASANT RIDGE, TEXAS (Panola County). Pleasant Ridge, a rural community four miles south of Carthage on Farm Road 2517 in central Panola County, was first settled after the Civil War. A school was in operation by the 1890s, and in 1897 it had an enrollment of thirty-seven. In the mid-1930s Pleasant Ridge had a school, two stores, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was consolidated with the Carthage school, but in the mid-1960s a church and a few scattered dwellings still remained in the area. In the early 1990s Pleasant Ridge was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PLEASANT RIDGE, TX (PANOLA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpyd), accessed August 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.