RABB, TEXAS. Rabb, on the Texas-Mexican Railway a mile south of State Highway 44 in northwestern Nueces County, was named after G. A. Rabb, who ranched in the area in 1885. The site was a famous horse-trading center during the 1850s. In 1936 the community had one business and ten residents, but by 1945 it had increased to two businesses and forty residents. The town had a store, a gin, and a population of twenty in 1947. In 1989 Rabb received mail on the Robstown mail route and still had a population of about twenty. The population remained at twenty through 2000.
Nueces County Historical Society, History of Nueces County (Austin: Jenkins, 1972).