REBECCA CREEK, TX
REBECCA CREEK, TEXAS. Rebecca Creek, a farming community twenty miles northwest of New Braunfels in northwestern Comal County near the mouth of Rebecca Creek on the Guadalupe River, was settled in 1854, when Joachim Pantermuehl settled on the Charles Murhard land. The community and the creek were named for the wife of Jacob De Cordova when he surveyed the area in the late 1840s. In 1882 Julius H. Bremer conveyed five acres to the Rebecca Creek school, which was later consolidated with the Sherwood school district.
New Braunfels Herald, July 6, 1954.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "REBECCA CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr08), accessed August 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.