RIDGE, TX (MILLS COUNTY)
RIDGE, TEXAS (Mills County). Ridge, in an area once known as Cold Springs, is at the intersection of Farm roads 573 and 574, fifteen miles west of Goldthwaite in far western Mills County. The community was settled in the early 1890s and named when W. D. Aldridge secured a post office in his store and named it the last syllable of his own name. After 1915 the post office was replaced by rural delivery from Mullin. Maps of 1936 indicate a school district. Ridge had a church and cemetery in 1990. In 2000 the population was twenty-five.
Flora Gatlin Bowles, A No Man's Land Becomes a County (Austin: Steck, 1958).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."RIDGE, TX (MILLS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr20), accessed August 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.