RIVERBY, TEXAS. Riverby is on Farm Road 100 twenty miles northeast of Bonham and two miles south of the Red River in extreme northeastern Fannin County. It apparently developed around a school established for the children of tenants from the nearby Morgan and Goss plantations. By 1936, when the first population statistics for the community were reported, Riverby had twenty residents and one business. Its population remained the same, although it reported no businesses after the mid-1940s. From 1977 through 2000 Riverby reported a population of fifteen.
Floy Crandall Hodge, A History of Fannin County (Hereford, Texas: Pioneer, 1966).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "RIVERBY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr22), accessed June 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.